The syllabus consists of a series of graded examinations and allows the children to work on pieces of drama, poetry & prose.
The aim is to develop a love, appreciation and understanding of language and literature through learning and speaking aloud, and to offer a progressive education and training in communication through speech.
The acting syllabus is designed to develop the skills necessary to communicate dramatic text to an audience.
The children have the opportunity to choose their own pieces aided by the teacher, which allows them to discover pieces that they will enjoy speaking.
The examiner will then assess their ability to speak/act the selections and to discuss their work.
There are many benefits to taking LAMDA classes
- Acting is fun and rewarding
- Increases self confidence
- Helps with diction
- Helps with Co-ordination and poise
- Students become more versatile by exploring a complete range of characters
- Improved reading skills
- Nationally recognised
- Achievement & Empowerment
- The ability to communicate clearly and present ideas
- An appreciation of literature and supports creative, intellectual and social development.
THE EXAMS PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Measure progress against an international standard
- Make contact with professional practitioners
- Enhance career development through certification
- Receive critical appraisal and guidance
PREPARING FOR A LAMDA EXAM CAN:
- Unlock imagination and creative thinking
- Refine technical skills and artistry
- Develop better communication skills
THE BENEFITS OF A LAMDA DRAMA COURSE:
- Greater confidence and self esteem
- Improved communication skills
- Grades 6, 7 and 8 provide UCAS points towards university
- Nurtures an appreciation of literature, poetry, drama
- Supports creative, intellectual and social development
- The satisfaction of working towards achievable goals